Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Road Trip!

Before I left Texas, my sister and I went on a road trip from Dallas to San Antonio. It was a VERY short trip; Bradi didn't get off work until Thursday afternoon and we both had to be back in Dallas by dinner on Friday night. I couldn't leave Texas without seeing my family, so we made it happen.

Dallas skyline

The drive was nearly five hours each way. This was the first time my sister and I have spent so much time together alone...and we didn't kill each other! It's great that we're getting so much closer as she gets older. I'm loving our new friendship.

The scenery was quite different than the British countryside. I have to say though, it was so nice driving an automatic car on a big, open highway. It's just so much easier!!

Wide open highways

Since it was still Passover, we loaded up the car with tons and tons of food. We had some interesting snacks, like artichoke hearts. Weird, but delicious :)


We stayed with my grandparents, who are just the cutest people ever. They went out of their way to make sure Bradi and I had plenty of food.

Yummy Passover food

We had a great meal with my aunt, uncle and cousin. It was so nice seeing everyone and hearing more about my grandparents' history. I love this picture of my grandparents on their honeymoon in the 1940s in Hawaii. My grandmother was a swimsuit model and my grandfather was in the military. Aren't they a handsome couple?

My grandparents on their honeymoon



We also got to see my other aunt and uncle in the morning. They're very busy antique dealers, so I was happy they were able to stop by.


My grandmother hates being photographed, but my sister and I convinced her to let us take a few. She's so pretty!



It was a great trip and I'm so glad we were able to fit it in!

No comments:

Post a Comment