Sunday, July 29, 2012

Birthday Celebration: Part 2 (Spa Day)

Dan gave me the perfect gift for my 30th birthday: a day at the spa and dinner at a Michelin-star restaurant!

Following my schedule, I left home at 12:15 with my workout clothes, swim suit, formal attire and make up kit.


In addition to using the facilities for the day, I could chose one 30 minute and one hour treatment. It was a no-brainer for me to get the full-body massage, but I couldn't decide between the mini facial and expresso hands treatment (nail file and polish). I was talked into the facial and I'm so glad for it! Both the massage and facial were so relaxing.


I loved the atmosphere of the spa. It used to be a barn so it had the beautiful brick, wood and glass that is characteristic of barn conversions.

Devonshire Health Barn


I loved just sitting by the pool and in the hot tub reading. I spent some time in the sauna too. It was incredible.



It was pretty much the most perfect afternoon, but the day wasn't over yet. I still had an eight-course dinner to look forward to! More on that in the next post :)


Catch up on my other birthday celebrations:
Part 1: Sushi Dinner
Part 3: Fancy Dinner

1 comment: