Tuesday, June 18, 2013

I Did It! I Donated My Hair!

Thanks to everyone's great advice yesterday, I bit the bullet and donated my hair. I'm thrilled with the results!


I decided to go with Little Princess Trust--a British charity that provides free wigs to cancer-stricken children. The process was actually pretty funny. Apparently, donating your hair in England is not that common. It took me a while to find a charity; no hairdressers I spoke with had ever heard of donating hair. Since I knew going into it that I would pretty much be on my own, I came prepared with a ruler; a plastic bag to put the hair in afterwards; a rubber band; and the charity's donation requirements.




I only needed to donate 7 inches, but the poor hairdresser was so nervous about not getting enough hair that she refused to cut less than 8. Ha!

Poor hairdresser was so nervous!


It's a little shorter than I intended it to be, but at least I can still get it in a ponytail.



So, that's one big change for the week. Will there be another? Hint, hint...baby. Any time you're ready.

9 comments:

  1. The haircut looks great! And so do you - I can't believe the baby is almost here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caroline! You can't believe it...imagine how I feel!!

      Delete
  2. Looks so good! What a nice thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Calli, you look terrific! SO excited for you and Dan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look even more adorable then ever. By the way I forgot to tell you my weight prediction. I think that Rachel Sara will come in around 6lbs9oz.
    Love,
    Dad
    I an so proud of you for doing this, the hair thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...looks great and you are wonderful for putting out the effort to help someone else.
    Love ya!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete