Sunday, November 24, 2013

Back in the U.S.A.

Hi, friends! Sorry for the long delay in posting. I've missed you. Have you missed me? It's been a busy few weeks, actually. We finally got Zoey's passport and were able to make our first transatlantic trip with a baby. I was really dreading the flights, but they went really well! Zoey is already such a great traveler :) Good thing, since her mum and dad plan on taking her everywhere.


We made two stops on this trip: Dallas and Boston. We saw tons of friends and family in both cities, and Zoey was lucky enough to meet four great-grandparents! Isn't that amazing? We got some great pictures and movies with four generations. Such a special memory.


Anyone who knows me, or has read this blog for a while, knows that I absolutely love Thanksgiving (see here, here and here). I'm a big believer that the holiday doesn't necessarily need to be celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November, but can instead be celebrated anytime you want. My family does a "Fakesgiving" every year since we're rarely in the same place for actual Thanksgiving. This year was no exception. My parents threw one heck of a party and my whole family came. Literally. My entire family--both my mom's side and dad's side--were present. All of my aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents were sitting around one table. It was magical.


Zoey had the best time meeting all her family. It's been a while since we've all been together--probably since our wedding five years ago--so this was really special.


Cousin Larin and Aunt Bradi

Great Uncle Bubba

Cousins Marina and Merrill

As luck would have it, my good friends Sarah and Kyle, and their too-cute-for-words daughter Pearl, happened to be in Dallas the same time we were. We got to hang out with them on Thanksgiving and the next night. Of course Pearl and Zoey were instant friends.





It was a jam-packed week full of good food and good friends. Stay tuned for part two of my Dallas recap tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Aaahh: Pearl and Zoey together on Fakesgiving! I am in love!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was as some folks say "an absolutely genius time" (or did I just make up that old saying?) Love, Gmom

    ReplyDelete