Sunday, July 27, 2014

Happy Birthday to Me!

Thursday was my birthday--my last in England. You may recall that I absolutely love birthdays (both mine and everyone else's), and Dan did a spectacular job again this year to make it feel incredibly special. Once again it was a multi-day celebration, because, why not?

On my actual birthday, Zahara gave me the greatest gift ever and slept in until past 8:00 am! That is by far the latest she's ever slept. Then Dan made me a delicious birthday breakfast of eggs, crumpet, chocolate chip pancakes and Yorkshire tea. Amazing!


We put Zahara in daycare so I had the whole day to myself! She's only been in daycare three times in her life, and two of them were last week during our move. This was the first time since she's been born that I had the day to myself. Can you believe that?? I got a haircut, had a manicure, and read outside on the Stray. Dan bought me some British treats to enjoy throughout the day. It was so relaxing.



Saturday night Dan and I celebrated by returning to the Devonshire Arms, where we spent my 30th birthday. This Michelin-starred restaurant is certainly a treat and did not disappoint. I'll write a separate post on our phenomenal 8-course meal!


The last of my birthday celebrations was a ladies-only brunch at one of my favorite spots. Jake's has delicious food and a great atmosphere. Dan baked me a four-layer chocolate and strawberry cake and brought it over in the morning before the brunch. He also bought all of my girlfriends a Buck's Fizz to make the day extra special. I had so much fun!



Another very successful birthday in the books. Is it too early to start next year's countdown?

Read about my past birthday celebrations:
Dan's 30th
Calli's 30th
Dan's 31st
Calli's 31st
Zahara's 1st

No comments:

Post a Comment